Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Walking in another person's shoes...


As a follow up to our previous blog assignment on poverty and hunger, today we will visit the Millennium Development Goals website. By doing this we will:

  • Gain an understanding of the different dimensions of poverty
  • Foster empathy for those living in different kinds of poverty
  • Collaborate to select and interpret information
  • Become aware of how the global community is fighting poverty.

Please click on the following link: http://www.cyberschoolbus.un.org/mdgs/flash/index.asp

Read about the Millenium Goal project. Then click on the soup bowl icon,"open the file folder" and read about Goal #1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty and its TARGET: Halve the proportion of people living on less than a dollar a day and those who suffer from hunger.

Click on the video tape and watch the video titled "Only with your Voice" by Dr. Elie Weisel. Then close out the window and click on the tab "Add your Voice." This will take you to the page where you will find articles to be read.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As part of the "through" for today, your assignment is to:

Read the articled titled "My Encounter with Poverty – a Heartrending Reality". Write your thoughts / answers to the following questions for the article:

1. How did this article make you feel? Why? (explain)

2. What did this article make you think? Why? (explain)

3. Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do? Why? (explain)

Publish your thoughts / answers (as complete sentences!) to the comment section of this post. As always, post "anonymously" but sign your comments with your first name and last initial. Ex: DougA.

Hopefully you have learned more about poverty and hunger by reading and writing.

Have you walked in another person's shoes?

If you have any questions, please ask Mr. A for help. Thanks!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

78 comments:

Anonymous said...

this story makes me feel sad and angry because people suffer and die because they can't get food and the things they need like: education, food, water, shelter, bed, and ect... it makes me thinkl taht we are greety and selfish because alot of us waste these oppertunities and throw away food and are obese. we as people need to stand up and help and fight or at least try and do something instead of sitting on our butts. we can do something for them so everybiody can have a life they wan't and have a life to enjoy.
kylem

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel lucky. Yeah, life is pretty tough without a lot of money, but at least I have a roof over my head and just enough money to get by. It made me think about how thankful I am to have this life, and how I shold try to find a way to help fight poverty. This article moves me to action. I can donate food, or clothing I've grown out of, because they are worse off than me.
~JohannaS

Anonymous said...

Hi Im Phil and im going to talk to you about proverty. After reading a artical about provertiy it makes me think. the artical makes me feel like I could help them And I do. This make me think of how gratful I am to have all the things that I have and haow lucky I am to have all the things that I have. This artical makes me want to help them but I dant know how. I hope you do.

Anonymous said...

This Article made me fell sad and made me think about how lucky i am to have enough food to eat everyday. It makes me wonder how people can survive with one or two dollars a day. I dont think that anyone in the world can survive with that much amount of money. I think that everyone should take action and start helping out the world.
Heriberto Z.

Anonymous said...

1. How did this article make you feel? Helpless. Why? because we are trying to fix proverty but at the same time we can hardly do anything to help.


2. What did this article make you think? How did we let this happen. Why? Because were trying to fix it but if we really cared we would have never let it get like this were there children that are living on less than a dollar a day.


3. Does this article move you to action? A littel bit. But there not much that i can do. Why? Because were trying to fix the wrold but at the same time are own econmy is struggling but nowhere near as bad as this proverty issue.
Cruz G

Anonymous said...

this article made me feel lucky.it made me feel this way because i have everything i need and even more. i have more then enough food and clothes and anything i ever need.the article made me think about how thankful i acually am! it also made me think about how i should try to find a way to fight poverty.this article does move me to action, i think i would donate food to people who dont have what they need!
ashley h.

Anonymous said...

this story makes me feel like sad and mad because we are not doing enough for the world and we should be working harder to help it. how would you like living off a dollar a day? ... Just think there are people out there that try to do it and are now starving and trying to stay alive. What if you were one of the kids in this country and your parents said that you were the blacksheep of the family. How would that make you feel? we need to try and help and save our people. mw

Anonymous said...

1. How did this article make you feel? Why? (explain)
It made me think that to them we live we are rich because we get food or have a lot of food.

2. What did this article make you think? Why?(explain)
It made me think that some people are selffish with what they have.

3. Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do? Why? (explain)
If I had eough money I would go and give them some food amd more money to live a better life.

NatashaL.

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel depressed because at this moment thousands of children around the world are begging, while I'm here at school receiving an education with a full stomach. Those children deserve to be doing what I'm doing at this moment without grumbling stomachs. This article made me think about all the food that we waste daily. We waste without thinking about those who would be happy to eat the scraps we throw away. Yes, this article does make me want to do something. I feel like donating clothing and food to shelters and just people who can't afford anything.I also want to raise money to give to organizations that are helping people who are dealing with poverty.
JessicaM

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel very guilty and sad because i see how people suffer from lack of food.On the other hand we who do have food, dont eat it all and throw it away while others wish they can at least have the leftovers.
This article made me think that we are selfish because we throw the food away and some people eat a little bit too much.I think that istead of wasting food we should
take action and start helping the people. LZ

Anonymous said...

1. The article made me feel as if i'm not doing anything in respect to this problem because i don't make donations.
2. It made me thinkk that poverty isn't a small problem because there are full countries that are in poverty.
3. The article does move me to action. I'm thinking about telling my dad to make a donation.

Anonymous said...

1. The article made me feel as if i'm not doing anything in respect to this problem because i don't make donations.
2. It made me thinkk that poverty isn't a small problem because there are full countries that are in poverty.
3. The article does move me to action. I'm thinking about telling my dad to make a donation.
Edward M

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel depressed because at this moment thousands of children around the world are begging, while I'm here at school receiving an education with a full stomach. Those children deserve to be doing what I'm doing at this moment without grumbling stomachs. This article made me think about all the food that we waste daily. We waste without thinking about those who would be happy to eat the scraps we throw away. Yes, this article does make me want to do something. I feel like donating clothing and food to shelters and just people who can't afford anything.I also want to raise money to give to organizations that are helping people who are dealing with poverty.
chris h

Anonymous said...

what i think about hunger is that we need to be more like other people who care for then other ones that don;t have any food or water and that kind of stuff that they need that is what i think that we should do.R.D.P

Anonymous said...

The story makes me fell that we can help other people in other contrys that are in hunger and povrty, this contry has a lot of money and we cant help other poeple in this world


Michaela G

Anonymous said...

Call me cold but in many ways i really could care less about what goes on in another contry because we have starving children in our contry too, what about them or does it even matter to others.
Amber s

Anonymous said...

That story made me feel sad and angry both because of all those people in poverty. It made me think about the children in need and that we need to do something about it because they shouldn't have to suffer. We are all God's children and we should help each other out. Yes, this article moved me to action. I would set up a program that could feed every person in poverty.

God Bless. :)

KaylaB

Anonymous said...

this atory make makes me sad because nobody is really doin anythin to help. i would like to help but i dont know where to stop. i just want to stop all this provety.it also made me think of the childern how this would effect their life impact they shouldnt suffer like that. GOD BLESS EVERY 1 OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARISAM

Anonymous said...

How does this article make you feel?

It makes me feel kinda rich! I mean, I know that's kinda rude to say, but there's people get less than a dollar a day! And how the little girl gobbled up that meal, I kinda felt bad that I don't really think of a burger that way. It also made me feel that we kinda need to stop adding to the population! Umm...7 kids and they abandon them because they blame them for making them poor? Well, of course tehy're gonna make you poor, you decided to have 7 kids!

What did this article make you think?

It makes me think that even when the govenment plans to help, it'll be very late help. 2015 is nearly 7years from now! Isn't that time a little too long? It's like eating a sandwich, then you probably have 2 bits left, you forgot to add the mayo. So you add a little bit, and finish it off.

Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do?

This article moves me into a mental action, but I feel like there's not a lot I can do as a physical action. If I hold a food can drive, with 200 cans, how much will that feed? I don't think very much, maybe a meal for a day? And that's it, you think you make a difference, when you didn't even make a dent.

Adriana J.

Anonymous said...

1.It made me feel really sad inside because i cant stand to see everyone being so poor.
2. It made me really think about all the people being really poor and not being able to do anything about it since some people cant do anything about since they dont give money to the poor.
3. It made me think about all the people that cant afford all the items that they want and it makes me wanna get them some food.

Anonymous said...

1. It made me feel really bad and sad about the whole situation. Also, it made me feel this way because i dont really like to see people like that bieng so poor.
2. It made me think that we sometimes manage our things the wrong way. For example we use the throw away things that people that are poor can raelly use and therefore, I feel like we sometimes are really selfish.
3. We can do something for them so everybody can have a life they want and have a life to enjoy.
Angel

Anonymous said...

1.It made me feel really sad inside because i cant stand to see everyone being so poor.
2. It made me really think about all the people being really poor and not being able to do anything about it since some people cant do anything about since they dont give money to the poor.
3. It made me think about all the people that cant afford all the items that they want and it makes me wanna get them some food.
Giovanni C

Anonymous said...

1.This Article made me fell sad and made me think about how lucky I am to have enough food to eat everyday.
2.I dont think that anyone in the world can survive with that much amount of money.
3.this article does move me to action, I think I would donate food to people who dont have what they need!
Juan Jasso

Anonymous said...

This make me feel sad because people need help. This made me thing obout how people can'd surbide. It made me move because are triing to fix the wrold.
V.V

Anonymous said...

The article made me feel sad because some kids dont like some kinds of foods and they just throw it away, and in Africa their are kids that dont even know what they eat, but the don't complain over a pice of broccolie they wish they had a whole year supply of it.This article made me realise and think that TV keeps us from realizing what is truely happening around us, also that we spend a lot of money on thing we don't really need like PSP's,IPods,and new flat screen TV's.to do some thing about it we can do like last year were the school was asking people to bring in cans of food from home and they raised a lot of cans
irvinc

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel depressed because at this moment thousands of children around the world are begging, while I'm here at school receiving an education with a full stomach. Those children deserve to be doing what I'm doing at this moment without grumbling stomachs. This article made me think about all the food that we waste daily. We waste without thinking about those who would be happy to eat the scraps we throw away. Yes, this article does make me want to do something. I feel like donating clothing and food to shelters and just people who can't afford anything.I also want to raise money to give to organizations that are helping people who are dealing with poverty.
kevinw

Anonymous said...

This article made me think about how lucky I am and how easy I have it; I have aroof over my head, and meals everyday. I also feel bad for the people who are suffering, and I hope that there will be a newfound solution for them.
THis article made me think about how whenever I am taking something for granted, the less fortunate are wishing they had it.

Anonymous said...

Sydney P
The articule made me feel sad because the little girl didn't have anything but the clothes on her body. The article made me think how the kids and society got that bad. Yes, the thing I would do is make a fund that gives a home and money to kids whohave no home and need it

Anonymous said...

The article makes me feel like i ghave alot compared to some of the people .I cant believe that people go by with less than a dollar a day.i flt bad because tha girl on there gobbled up her burger. Thats bad if a person is eating that way. we really need to stop making the population bigger if the people are nearly dieing of hunger.
i think that the plans for this country nee to change to help the need more myself so that i feelo happy for myself. david h

Anonymous said...

1.)the article made me feel sad, and bad for all of the people who live like that. it makes me feel thankful i am welthy. i feel this because i care about those people.

2.)the article made me think that i should be thankful my parents take care of me and are welthy. i think this because i could be poor to and i am thankful i am not.

3.)it does move me to action because next time i see someone that is starving i will help them. i would help them because i feel bad and want to help.

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel sad, because there are millions of people like the little girl. This article made me think that there is a solution for this, because it is a big problem but it has a solution. This article made me want to take action by dropping crates or food in places where the food is needed. Rosendo A.

Anonymous said...

This article makes me realize that someone will always die of hunger because they can not afford it. You may think that you have the worst day ever ,but their is always someone with a worse problem.Everybody has the power to do help but we choose not to.
miguelm

Anonymous said...

This article make fell about people that are poor around the world and this article make me feel sad about poor people. Another is that it make me feel the same thing that the woman was going throgh. The article make me move into action and we could help them by coming toghrter and giving them a hand so they could be someone in this world.
Francisco Galvan

Anonymous said...

1. How does this article make you feel? Why?
*Well, this article made me feels many different things at the same time. Like Useless, dissapointed, but strong and lucky. I felt useless and dissapointed because we want to fix hunger, but there is not alot that we that I can do. But i do feel strong and lucky, i feel strong because it makes me think i have the power to start something new to help those people and make a difference in the world. I obviously feel very lucky because i dont go through those stuff, i dont suffer hunger or anything like that. Im very lucky

2. What did the article make you think? Why?
* This article made me think alot of things. It made me think " WOW, this people do suffer alot, and we're over here enjoying life when they are out there suffering hunger" It makes me think this because well, instead of helping them make a better living, we're over here wasting food and always thinking about ourselves. It makes me think on what i can do to help thse people in need. We're always complaining about what we dont have and want to have, and this people dont have something that they need in order to survive.

3. Does this article help you take action? what actions could you take?
*This article does help me alot to want to take action, really, Alot.But i think to myself WHAT can i do to help? People haved already tried everything and it doesnt work. Hunger is always going to be here, is like trying to take life out of death. Theres really not alot of things i can do to help, except donate money, food, clothes and all that we can. At least that will help SOME people in need.
GenesisG

Anonymous said...

This story makes me feel sad and lucky. These people are unable to eat and get a good education and shelter just because of many different reasons. I am never going to take for granted anything because i could be living in poverty right now. It makes me think how they are able to survive ust on bread and water, and hpow the familys were able to just abandon their little kids and leave them homeless with no shelter. This did move me to take some action, because it makes you want to help people have the life close to what you have like a free education and everything

eRin S

Anonymous said...

The artical made me feel that something should be done about poverty because with our knowledge, power, and resources, we must find a way to stop suffering. It also made me think that if our country would help dealing with poverty, then we could eliminate it. It makes me want to find a way that I could also help with the elimination of poverty.

Anonymous said...

The artical made me feel that something should be done about poverty because with our knowledge, power, and resources, we must find a way to stop suffering. It also made me think that if our country would help dealing with poverty, then we could eliminate it. It makes me want to find a way that I could also help with the elimination of poverty.
Jesse C.

Anonymous said...

This is a sad articles because theres people out there in the world the are suffering from pain and hunger. Little kids that have no fault of are dieing everyday of hunger pain,and suffering. They say that survival of the fittest will survive and in this case its money. If i had the power to do something about it i wold. But, i dont have the nessacery power to develop a strong power. But there is people that only think of them selves and decide that the world can figure stuf out. but no we need a lot of other people to put a part i this. I fyou dont help people of old and young age babies will all die because of peop,le who are selish
Daisy g.

Anonymous said...

This article really made me feel like this problem needs to reach out to more people, especially the youth because we literally are the future. Also, it got me thinking that I should want less in life, though it is and would be hard because we are already used to being that way (wanting stuff). Last but not least, this article did move me to action, I am working on a project with a teacher for that.

Jenny G.

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel really lucky because I have a roof over my head and I have food to survive. It also made me feel hopefull for all the children and adults that suffer from poverty because people are already taking a step forward on makeing a difference in their lives. This article made me think about how rich people take their money forgranted. And instead of donating the extra money that they have, they just waste it on things they dont even need or want. Yes, this article moves me to action. I would help those in need on doing whatever it is possible. For example: i would do volounter work to help bring food to their COuntries, school, or shelter.

PriscilaA

Anonymous said...

This story makes me feel sad, just knowing that theres people that are spoiled and want stuff bought for them but they never think of others that actually need it. I think that people can help stop world hunger and poorage by donating money,food, and daily things so that they can a least get some things while they can. This article makes me think that i should donate things to people that i could give.

Anonymous said...

This story makes me feel sad, just knowing that theres people that are spoiled and want stuff bought for them but they never think of others that actually need it. I think that people can help stop world hunger and poorage by donating money,food, and daily things so that they can a least get some things while they can. This article makes me think that i should donate things to people that i could give.

rosa f.

Anonymous said...

Jaime

The article made me feel sad but motivated to want to help the world. The little girl was to just t young to srive period it made me realize how hard it is. This article moves to action. I want to help even donte if I can , I might just join the club in my school that helps people around the world.

Anonymous said...

as i read this sad story i kept thinking how they felt it was disturbing and very uncomftable to know how many kids and familys are starving every day becuse selfish people cant give a couple bucks to them

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel sad. While I'm at home enjoying my dinner, there are millions of kids starving around the world. And just to think that many people waste tons of food a day. When people read this article they should feel the urge to take action. And before teenagers go ask their parents to buy them unnecessary items why don't they go and ask them to take action? These kids don't even have a bed to sleep on or clothes to match with their "Jordan" shoes. We need to stop thinking about our selves so much and start thinking of ways to vanish poverty little by little.
Jessica C.

Anonymous said...

this article made me feel bad because how other kids suffer all over the world.this article made me think of how i could help to make a world a better place.yes if i could do anything i would give money and if i was old enogh i would adopt a homeless child irvings

Anonymous said...

While I read this story, it makes me think about how lucky I am. It is hard living with no money but at least I have a roof over my head and food to eat everyday. This article makes me think that we are lucky over here with the education that we do have. People are struggling because they can't get anything that they need. I think that we should send them some money or clothing or something that should just make their life a little bit better.
--Brandi C--

Anonymous said...

this article made me feel very sad because there are kids out their that are in a really big need for money.however we who do have food, dont eat it all and throw it away while others wish they can at least have the leftovers.this article makes me want to donate money to feed those in need. also this makes like we shouldnt be wasting our food because there is people who want it more than us.

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel very sad because there are kids out their that are in a really big need for money.However we who do have food, dont eat it all and throw it away while others wish they can at least have the leftovers.This article makes me want to donate money to feed those in need.Also this makes like we shouldnt be wasting our food because there is people who want it more than us.

Manuel A

Anonymous said...

This story makes me feel bad, because now i realize that i have way more luxuries than other peopl, yet i still complain. This makes me think that the world is a cruel and unfair place because little children aer out begging for food and trying to support themselves. This brings me to action because because i realize that i can help. i can start by donating and petitioning for our government to help them.
Samantha H.

Anonymous said...

1. How did this article make you feel? Why? (explain)
This article makes me feel sad because most kids dont have anything to eat and most people waste it.

2. What did this article make you think? Why? (explain)
THis article also makes me think twice about throwing my food that i dont like away because most people would do anything to have food.

3. Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do? Why? (explain)
Yes, this article moves me because i would try and help people in africa and different places that have people starving. I would also like to help the moms that give birth to kids and die after.
Sandram

Anonymous said...

this story made me upset because no one seems to care about those people who suffer except fpor this one man out of everybdy who sees them.this article makes me think about all the stuff in me life that i take for granted and how so many people dont have the things that i do.this story moved me to take action by donating my time to help the people that need it taylor r

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel upset. It gave me the feeling that since I have so much and they have so little I should help and be a part of the solution. This article made me think that I think that i don't have a lot but when it comes down to it I have a great amount. I have had so many more oppretunities than others could ever have in a life time. zyes this article moves me to action i would take action by giving money, clothes, and food to charity and to anyone that can use the help.
kathleen J.

Anonymous said...

this story makes me start to think how fortunate we are here in th US were pretty much all of us have a shelter of some sort. Altough theren are people here that don't have a lot of money they can still get food from and shelter from non profit organizations and things like that.The story also makes me feels grateful for all that we have here and simpathetic for those who dont have much.As far as doing something we could donate food old clothes anything that would help make life easier from those less fortunate.

Marcus S

Anonymous said...

the article made me feel sorry beacuse a lot of people are duing of hunger everyday and i am not doing anything about it so far. The goverment should do something about it since i think they are just waiting for people to feel sorry for them and start doing it themselves. Yes, if we could i would organize a food drive and send them some food and supplies that are necesary for a decent living.

Anonymous said...

1)This article made me feel for the millions of people affected by poverty each day because they cant help themselves.

2)The article made me think bou how eopleare affected by proverty and everyday have to live with no help from no one.

3)No this article doesnt move me todo anything because I dont got the money to even start helping people out.
Jason H

Anonymous said...

1. How did this article make you feel? Why? (explain)
This article made me feel sad and gratefulat the same time. It made me feel sad because there are A LOT children out there who have little or no food. It made me feel grateful because i have a lot compared to those children

2. What did this article make you think? Why? (explain)
This article made me think that i take the things i have for granted. I have a lot and there are children out there who have absolutly NOTHING!!

3. Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do? Why? (explain
Yes, this article moves me to action. If i could do something i would work my hardest to get people (important people) to notice the conditions these kids are in. I would do this because if they realized this, they could ALL help out with changing the well being of these children.


Sydney T.

Anonymous said...

the article made me feel sorry beacuse a lot of people are duing of hunger everyday and i am not doing anything about it so far. The goverment should do something about it since i think they are just waiting for people to feel sorry for them and start doing it themselves. Yes, if we could i would organize a food drive and send them some food and supplies that are necesary for a decent living.
juan banuelos

Anonymous said...

1.this article made me feel helpless because we are trying to help poverty all around the world but cant even help our own country.
2.This article made me think about solutions to keep people off the street and with food.The article made me think this because of all the people that were discribed without food.
3.This article does move me to action.It makes me want to donate food to the poor because it hurts me to see them like that and other people not even caring
EliasD

Anonymous said...

The article made me feel bad and selfish in some ways because there are a lot of homeless people that need shelter, food and clothes. I'm not doing anything to help them and that makes me fell bad, but I want to help or make a change by giving things to charity and do what I can to help other people in need. It made me fell that I should be greatful for what I have because there are people who don't have anything. This article made me have a new out look on life to try and do something about this, even if you can't, get some of yojr friends and family to help you.
Ashley M

Anonymous said...

The article made me feel upset for thet people who are going through poverty. No one should have to go through a situation that they can not control, like poverty. I think the government should help out the third world countries. They claim they are helping and telling everyone that they want change, but I don't see any. Where are they? And what will the government do to help those in need? Hopefully in the future we will get an answer that will bring hope in the eyes of the homelesss and hungrey. I would like to help educate others about this topic. Because after people understand what is going on we then can make the first step to take action.
-Taylor J

Anonymous said...

1. How did this article make you feel? Why? (explain)

"A billion people world wide still survive on less than a dollar a day, half of them are suffering starvation" Just reading this made me feel so lucky to have what i have i mean come on, at least i have a roof over my head and food on the table every night.

2. What did this article make you think? Why? (explain)

It makes me think twice i need to be more appreciative. More aware that i could be someone who don't have even a dollar in their pocket, Someone who has ro begg for food, just to make it through the night. It makes me think how selfish and greedy we all are.

3. Does this article move you to action? If yes, what would you do? Why? (explain)

Yes, because in my opinion there are way to many people who are
suffering from hunger and no one schould have to live like that! If i could i would get people to do food drives get people to give money to the less fortunite and just things like that.

-Casandra Bernal<3

Anonymous said...

When I read this article i felt like crying because it's sad when people are homeless because they are very lonely.It made my think about the others that don't get what we get, so now i know that u get what u get because there are people that don't get this kind of stuff we get.Yes, because i see why people are homeless, thats why im going to start thinking about are community because there are people out there that need are help in the present.

Anonymous said...

1The article made me feel very sad for all the parents of children that can git a job but cant because they are to lazy.
2The article made me think that people are very very lazy The article didnt because it is not hard to get a job and there are a lot of jobs
Robert sutherland

Anonymous said...

1.I almost wonted to cry this story is so sad know one deserves to be treated like that

2. This articl made me think how could someones own family treat them like that, but then agin it is not the fanily that be to blame its the people.

3.Yes, the artical made me wont to do somrthing i just dint realy know what.

katrina rice

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel pity for all those less fortunate than me because it must be so much harder without the basic needs. This article made me think that I'am lucky to be born ,and raised in the U.S. because poverty is definatly not as bad or any where close. To help we could donate clothes and food maybe get the school to do a fund raiser.
AnjelV

Anonymous said...

This article made me feeel sad, because a little girl was abandoned by her paents just because she was to shy to beg and to shy to steel to get money.tha article made me think that her parents should be ashamed or anyone elses parents who did the same thing should be ashamed because they are the ones wo brought new lives to the world.Yes it does move me to action. What i would do is try to help as many kidss that are trying to make it by thereselfs by feedinf them and try to give them an education.stephaniec

Anonymous said...

1)this article makes me feel sad.i know that many of millions of people in the world is suffering through poverty but this is just sad.
2)this article makes me think that people are saying no to certian food when people have not eaten for months.
3)it kinds of does because i could have the power to donate money or bring helpful items to help poverty.


FabianS

Anonymous said...

This story make me feel really sad and upset because we are wasting alot of time thinking of what alse to buy because you alredy have food a place to live and a family that is healthy. but are you thinking about those people that dont have any of those.makesme think what is the goverment doing to inprove this conditions ofthis kids way of living if that can be called life.... Also what happend to those who brought them at life where arethey at . But the thing that hurts me the most is that some many of us when we have so money help we are thinkig in how we can waste that money if we already got what need and we dont take about those who are living in one dollar a day .....we dont have why orhow to ask god for more because their is others that need it more then us. Now that i read that story it made me reflec on all the thing i ask my parents for an they tell me life is not eassy because us that we have every thing we cry how do other feel and can they really do any thing about it ....Soon I will find the way to help solve provey or not only me but every one take a second and help everyone aroud you so when you needit they can help you.....Ya no se an tan egoistas PIENSA EN LOS DEMAS NO TODOS TIENE LO QUE TU TIENES!!!!!!!!!!!
Silvia S.

Anonymous said...

This story made me feel very sad to see that wile the people and little kids are starving and dieing of starvation because there is no mony, and it is sad to see that the goverment does nothing about it. But the article also mae me feel very luck that i have never undergone this conditionsand hopfully wont have to. This article made me think that there are many things that can be done to prevent hunger and poverty overall. If people got together everyon could find a way to help people with this problems in this or other communities. Just as I said if we all join together to help we can all fight against poverty.
Maria M

Anonymous said...

This article makes me feel like I am lucky to have the things i have in life. This article made me think that there are more things in this world than our community. This article does move me in to action. I want to start food drives and also donate money. Time to Help.

Thalia V.

doug.abshire said...

Thanks to all of my students who commented on the article. Many of you were moved by the experience of the little girl who did not have enough to eat. I am pleased to see that you also are interested in helping out. But what can we do? I have some ideas that will tie into other student actions at ACHS (such as Maria P's club on Amnesty International)which I will share with you in the next couple of weeks. Way to go. I'm proud of you. Mr. A

Anonymous said...

Why is education important?Education can help you be sucessful in life. This gives you a variety in job picking. It also helps you by giving you a healthy family in the future. Education also hepls make more money for a better life. This helps you get a better job that pays more money. when you get more money you can help pervent poverty. Last, education can help others. For instance, you can go and help kids that need help in the world. Also, you can help kids to get an education. Education is important because it gives you a sucessful life and you can help others in life.stephaniec

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel depressed because at this moment thousands of children around the world are begging, while I'm here at school receiving an education with a full stomach.It made me think about how thankful I am to have this life, and how I shold try to find a way to help fight poverty. This article moves me to action. I can donate food, or clothing I've grown out of, because they are worse off than me.

Anonymous said...

This article made me feel depressed because at this moment thousands of children around the world are begging, while I'm here at school receiving an education with a full stomach.It made me think about how thankful I am to have this life, and how I shold try to find a way to help fight poverty. This article moves me to action. I can donate food, or clothing I've grown out of, because they are worse off than me.

juan jasso

Anonymous said...

This article makes me feel sad because there's a lot of people that suffer in this world.Also, it makes me feel sad because there is a lot of little childern that have to suffer.

This article makes me think that people that have food,and shelter are very lucky.

Yes this article does move me to action.


J.E

Anonymous said...

This article makes me feel sad because there's a lot of people that suffer in this world.Also, it makes me feel sad because there is a lot of little childern that have to suffer.

This article makes me think that people that have food,and shelter are very lucky.

Yes this article does move me to action.


J.E

Anonymous said...

This article makes me sad because there is a lot of people out there suffering. Also, there is a lot of childern that hace to suffer.

This article made me think about all the kids out there. Also about how lucky we are to have shelter, and food.

Yes, this article moves me in action.