
The IB MYP 9th grade science class has finished its own "read to feed" program. Money will be collected over the next two weeks and then we will decide on which animals to be purchased and donated. Many of us have expressed appreciation in participating in one solution to the global issue of poverty. Each one of us can make a difference! Attached are student comments about the activity.
77 comments:
My name is _______________ and I had $ ________ donated. The book I read was _________________. The book was about ___________________________
_____________________________________
_____________________________________
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is _________________________
_____________________________________
first name, last initial
My name is Thalia. I have $ 9 donated. The book I read was Microbiology. The book i read was about tiny life forms that are very small and there are actually many types of them. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that its great and can help many people in the world.
Thalia V.
My name is Johanna and I had $4 donated. The book I read was The Wisdom of War. It was about a vampire slayer living in a town called Sunnydale. After noticing all the vamps in town have disappeared, she realizes they are running from the Mourach, and she has to kill it or be killed.
My opinion on the read to feed program is that it's a good idea and can help many people; It's like paying it forward.
~JohannaS
My name is Joe Watts and so far i have donnated no money but that is because im not done with my book The book i am reading is the thrid book in the eragon triglogy. My book is about the dragons and dragon riders how are youdaly elfs but sometime they are humans eragons brother betrayd him and fought aganist with his dragon. My opinion about the read to feed program is that it is a big hearted program.
my name is kyle.m. and i had $3.00 donated. the book i read was (the grave yard book) by:Neil Gaeman. the book was about a lil kid whos parents were murdered by a man and he is raised by ghosts. he learns how to hide in the middle of the day and wonder the graveyards during knight because thats the only time the ghosts are awake to teach and feed and show hime what and how things are done.
my opinion about the read to feed program is that it's a really helpfull organization and if more people do it they can help out allot more families.
Kyle.M.
My name is Sandy and i had $0.00 donated. The book i read was "that was then, this is now. That book i think was about young adults in a process of becoming an adult to live up to working , paying rent , and being responsible.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it was ok because getting paid for reading and then giving the money to the "read to feed" program is ok because its for a good cause.
Sandy G.
My name is Cruz G and I had $2.50 donated. the book i read was "you shall know our velocity" The book is about two guys thaT ARE TRYING TO travel around the wrold in 1 week but there runinng into problems.
my name is Marisa and i had $2.00 donated. the book i read was titanic. the book was about the wreck opf the titanic and how many people had died that day.it told about the iceburg and haw big it was. it told about how big the titanic was and how many survived the wreck.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a good idea and can help save the lives of many people.
M.W.
My name is Jessica and I had $3.00 donated. The book I read was First Daughter by Sarah Dessen. This book was about a girl from Pakistan who was adopted by American people and bought to the United States. Her adoptive father decided to run for president of the U.S. His campaign manager thought that he would get more votes if his daughter seemed more American. Sammeera (daughtetr) is caught batween 2 worlds being herself or being Sammy the American.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a great, fun way to help less fortunate people around the world.
Jessica M
My name is Michaela geiser and I am do ing the wirtten part. The book i finshing is Nights in Bodanthe. The book was about It is a spin off on the note book it is a love story. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that is for a good cause hey at lest we can helpo some in need of and food and a pet they can love a tack care of.
M.G
Block 2
My name is Jody V and i had 2$ donated. The book i read was The Meltdown.The book was about a young man who was a deep sea diver and he did alot of things that amazed the world. Also, there was alot of facts about deep sea diving.My opinion about the read to feed program is that it is very helpful and for the people whoo need it the most and it helps kids get better at rading.
Jody V
My NaMe Is StEpHaNiE CaBrErA aNd I hAd $2.00 DoNaTeD. ThE bOOk I rEaD wAs Speak.
The book was about a teenage girl who had been raped by one of her peers. People at school didn't like her and she was having a lot of problems. Throughout the story the girl had to have courage and confront her problem. At the end she spoke up and said what Andy had done to her. She became accepted of her others peers.
My name is Laura and I had 2.81 donated. The book I read was to kill a mocking bird. The book was about two children who try to figure out the mistery of a man who lives across the street.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it was a good idea because we help people who dont really have anything to eat and we are saving many lives.
Laura Z.
My name is Natasha and i had $2.50 donated. The book I read was The story of basketball. The book was about how basketball was invented and started. It was also about how much it has grown. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that, it will help a lot of hungry people.
~Natasha L.
My name is edmundot and I had $2.50 donated. The book I read was A Winning Defense. The book was about techniques on being the best defense.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is it is a great program because we are helping family's in need.
edmundot
My name is edward and I had $0 donated. I haven't read, but I did get a sponsor to give me a penny a page.
I think the "read to feed" program is a great program.
Edward M
My name is Heriberto and I have not donated anything yet. The book I read was Hatchet. The book is about a teenage book that gets sttrangled in a forest and there is no there to help him.
my opinion about the read to feed program is that it is a really good program to help the hunger and also help ourselfs in our learning.
Heriberto Z.
my name is oscar and i had $3.00 donated. The book i read was Always Runing. The book was about gangs in los Angeles. My opinion about the program was that it is a good idea to help children.
I didn't get to do this project because I just got to this school. Glenda R.
my name is gabriel and i have donated 2.00$, and i still havent read a book yet.
Gabriel H.
My name is Sydney P and i had $3.50 donted. The book I read was Before I Die. The book was about this girl who has a deisise and she made a list of things she wanted to do before she died. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is it's a great thing because it helps little children.
My name is Kayla and I am donating some money. I dont know how much yet. The book I am reading is Darkhenge. The book is about a world called Unworld. You travel to the Unworld by through an upside down growing tree. It is pretty awesome!!
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that I think its pretty good that people can get on and help others. I think its great that they give to families in need.
KaylaB :)
My name is Adriana and I had $ 4.40donated. The book I read was Flavor of the Week. The book was about a boy named Cyril, and he was a secret cook. His friend Rose just broke up with her boyfriend and was depressed. Then, Nick, Cyril's best friend, has interest in Rose, and asks Cyril if he could cook them a dinner. So, Cyril is cooking the dinner, Nick is getting both the credit and the girl, and Cyril can't take anymore.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is it's a pretty good way to donate money. Maybe not the best for business men or workers, but perfect for highschoolers.
Adriana J.
My name is Juan and I has $5.00 donated. The book i am reading is the thrid book in the eragon triglogy. My book is about the dragons and dragon riders how are youdaly elfs but sometime they are humans eragons brother betrayd him and fought aganist with his dragon. My opinion about the read to feed program is that it is a big hearted program.
My name is Dragon and I had $2.56 donated. The book I read was called "Vampire Kisses." The book was about a girl named Raven who falls in love. My opinoin about the "reed to feed" program is that it's a good way to help out the people in need around the world.
*{Elyrha Lucero}*
My name is juan jasso and had $2 donate. The book i read was yesrturday. The book was about the people have hungry they work for shop food. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that its great and can help many people in the world.
My name is Irvinc andI had $ 2.00 donated. The book that I read w as savege Iniquallities. The book was about how their were seperation between the rich people and the poor people and how the poor people have a bad sosiety were thier is poision in the dirt and all the rich people dump all of their trash were the people is and theiy don'tt have good school and materials to learn like books pecils and notebooks.
My name is Austin H.I have donated no money so far I will get more sponsers but right now my book is The autobiography of my dead brother.My opinion of the "read to feed" program is that it is great and it can help peaople in need.
My name is Giovanni and i have $1+ donated. The book i read was players by joyce sweener. The book was about basketball players being able to do what they wanted to do when a new player came in on the squad. My opinion about the the read to feed program is that it really sucks and it really isnt fun at all.
My name is Marisa and I havent donated any money yet. The book I am reading is Express Love. I havent finish the book yet but I think its about love!My opinion about the read to feed program is I hope people get what they want and need. Its a good idea.
MarisaM
My name is Kevin W. and i have donated $3.00. the book i read was players. the book was about a kid trying to join the basketball team but they dont want him to join because he will take some ones spot.
MY NAME IS victor and i dont have a sponsor. The book was about a studens. My opinion about thr read feed program isgood.
my name is david h and i had $1.00 donated. the book i read was a series of unfortunate events. the book was about 3 kids that their parents died and they hveing a struggle to find new guardians. my opinion about the "read to feed" program is that its good
david h
my name is luis and i don't have a sponsor.the book i read was gun control the book was about nothing
my name is itzel g..and i had 5 dollars donated. The book i read was "That was then this is now"...the book was about two brothers, bryon and mark,bryon is traumatized and doesnt like police because for an experienece he had...he doesnt like authority in other words to be bossed around...my opinion about the "read to feed" program is a really great idea because we could help many people in the world... itzel g
my name is iliana and i had $5 donated. the book i read was that was then this is now. the book was about two brothers that are dealing with daily problems that life has put right infront of them. my opinion about the read to fead program is that this can help save many lives and we should continue doing this.
My name is MarcoR and i had $4.00 donated.The book i read was invisible by Pete Hautman.The book was about a kid named Douglas and his friend Andy and it shows that Douglas isnt a normall kid.Later on its starts revieling some of there secrets and what happened to andy in the tuttles house.
My name is Gabriel and I will donate $5. The book I read is It's kind of a funny story by Ned Vizzini. The book was about a kid named Craig that had some problems with his life so he almost suicides.
I think that the read to feed program is very good and that it will help many people.
Gabriel B
My name is Casandra c and i had $3.74 donated. the book i read was tears of a tiger. The book was about a basketball player who had ended up killing his friend in a car crash and was so depressed he killed him self in the end.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that its really good and can end up helping a lot of people.
Casandra C
my name is Bo Perez and I had $2.50 donated. The book i read was "Tenderness". The book was a cereal killer and how he falls in love with one of his victims.
my name is Brittany and i dont have anything donated yet for the read to feed program. I finished reading my book and getting a sponsor. The book i read was about the series Twilight it was Breaking Dawn.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it helps many people aronud the world and is a good program.
Brittany H
My name is Jesse C. and I had $17.08 donated. The book I read was Theif. The book was about a girl who is an older orphan and has to steal money so that the person who lets her stay in her house can keep her there. In the end, she is looked after a nicer person who takes care of her and her boyfriend, Dune, for free.
my name is lizbeth and i have 1.60 donated, the book i read was std's. the book was about the risks of stds how you can control some of them and how to protect your self from std's and cases of teenagers who have been or are in this situation.
my opinion about the read to feed program is: i think this is a great program because we are helping other people eat and we are doing a good thing who ever invented this must be a great person.
My name is Erin Sanchez and I Had 3.00 donated. The books I read were Tears Of a Tiger and Forged by Fire. The books were about a group of teenage friends who's life got all meseed up when a student died because of driving drunk. There were many victims of the sad,tragic death. My opinion about the "read to fed' program is that it can help benifit many people and is a good way to give back to the community.
---->Erin S.!
My name is Jaime and I had $1.50 donated. The book I read was The Rose That Grew From Concrete. This book was about Tupac's poems he wrote before he became a big star. It shows the poems written in his own hand and gives a deeper look into the personality of the famous rapper. It shows the more intimate and true side of him, how is soul acually was. Tupac writes about his life and the hardships he endoured through these poems. THis book shows many aspects of his life that many did not know he had. He was gangsta but in the poems he shows his true colors as an artist and a hero.
My name is Artemio and I have not donated no money. Because I don't now what we are suppose to do. But I am looking forward to donate money as soon as I now what to do.
My name is Justin and I had $3 donated. The book I read was Crack Back. The book was about this high schooler that was on the football team. He had problems in his love life. Then all of a sudden his coach was diagnosed with cancer and had to leave. His new coach took his starting spot from him.
My name is Priscila and i had $3.71donated. The book I read was Just Listed by Sarah Dessen. The book was about a girl that got raped and was afraid to report him to the police. She didnt have the friends she used to have, she was very lonely until she met a guy (Owen) who taught her how to tell the truth. At the end of my book, Annabel reports the raper and then becomes friends with her "ex friends". My opinion about the "Read to feed" program is that its an easy way to help put the poor people and children who dont have enough money to support themselves.
PriscilaA
My name is Daisy and i had $3.52 donated. The book I read was The Pretty one. the book was about a girl that wasnt pretty and her sister was perfect but one day prom night something happens and she has to have surgery. The surgery that she has changes her life for ever. I liked the book but i hated the ending. My opinion about the "read to feed" program is a great idea to help poor people and to encourage kids to read.
Daisy G.
My name is Genesis Galdean and I had $6.00 dollars donated. The book I read was "Eclipse". The book was about the third book to twilight, where Edward and Bella are back together and edward promises her to make her into a Vampie if she marries him. So then, Victoria one of their enemies, wants to kill Bella to get revenge to Edward for killing her love (James). They have to fight Victoria and her pack of newborn Vampires. Obviously they win and they live happily ever after:) The End.
:.Genesis G.:
My name is Jenny and I had $2.63 donated. The book I read was Devilish. The book was about 2 girls that are best friends and one is like a nerd or something and she isn't well liked. So the nerdy girl sells herself to the devil and the other friend tries to save her and then back and forth.
:_)
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it's an amazing way to help families because instead of just selling the animals, they raise them and find a way to get money off of them without actually selling the animal. Also, it is good because you not only help people who live in poverty, but also yourself for reading!
-Sincerely, Jenny G.
Holler Til' You Pass Out !
My name is Rosa and I have about $4.00 donated so far. The book i am reading is called "That Was Then, This Is Now." The book is about some kids that ALWAYS look after eachother and when one of them is in trouble they all help out...
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a great way to help out other people that are suffering of povgerty,hunger,etc. and give a lot of little things that will help them out A LOT!
ROSA F.!
Holer 'Till you Pass ouT.
Well my name is Jessica and i have donated about an unknown amount of dollars and cents. The book i read was '"kissing Snowflakes" and im about to finish reading "Twilight" and a spanish book, "El Alquimista". The book I finished reading is about a teenage girl, Sam who is stuck with her dad, brother and her new stepmom in a hotel up in the mountains of Vermont. The experiences she conquers there will be with her forever, specially first love.
My opinion on the "read to feed program is that its a great way to help out people who are suffering over come this dilema in their life. Its kinda like the Pay Forward It where some helps three people and each of those three people help other three people. Anyways I hope that the money we donate helps a family send their kids to school and have food to feed their family.
[YO!]---->Jessica C.
my name is fabian s and i had $3 donated.the book i read biggest brother. the book was about two people who grew up streets apart and bound together during world war II and later life after war.
My name is Samantha and i had $10 dollars donated. The Book i read was Catalyst. The book was about a girl named Kate who only applied to one college, but didn"t get accepted. However, she finds this not so important when a neighbor's house burns down and her son is electrcuted. My opinion of the "read to feed" program is that it is a good organization that helps people.
Samantha H
My name is Juan Carlos and I had $10 donated. The book was about don quijote hehe i was laughing the whole time beacuse i did'nt understand half of what it said the book was in spanish.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is good to get out of your own problems and help out other people with their problems and i like the feeling that comes with knowing you helped someone.
Juan c.
Aka. LiLJoKeR
my name is kathy and i had 2.43 donated. The book i read ws sold. This book was about a girl bought from her mother and taken to a whore house and held against her will unable toleave without suffering horrible consequences. She was finally rescued by an american going around saving girls just like her. My opion about the read to feed program is it is a very good program that with everyones support could help make a difference in the world.
Kathleen J.
My name is mariela and i had 4 to 5 dollars donated. The book i read was life as it comes. the book is about a girl whos parents have just died in a car accident and now she was living with her older sister. she was having hard time trying to find herself in between all the drama her sister was starting to give her specially after she tells her she is 3 months pregnat.
at the end the girl leaves her sisters house and runs away with her boyfriend.
she starts a new life leaving her pass behind.
Mariela H.
My name is Elias and i had $3.00 donated.The book i read was Of Mice and Men. The Book was about two guys trying to reach the American dream by working for farms and saving money to buy there own land and work whenever they want to.
Elias D.
my name is Robert and had $1.50 donated. The book i read was be more chill the book was about a boy who heard about a pill that you can take that would tell you the futer and tell you what you should tell a girl so they will like you he gets it uses it and then he drinks and does drugs and the computer inside the pill crashes and he gets rid of it. My opinoin about the read to feed program is it is a very good idea.
My name is stephanie and i had $5 donated. The book i read was Crank. The book was about a girl that goes and vists her dad. When she goes she meets this boy and she starts to use crank.
My name is Irving De La O and I had $ 7.50 donated. The book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. The book was about ending the Harry Potter book series. In the book it reveals all the secrets of the series. And has an ending for each charecter.
My name is Brandi and I had about $15 donated. The book was The Burn Journals. The book was about this teenager who didn't feel like he wanted to live anymore so he set himself on fire in his shower. After he sent himself on fire he decided that he didn't want to kill himself so he turned on the shower and ended up with 3-degree burns.
My opinion in the "read to feed" program is that I like it but in a way I don't like it so much. If you would like to know more about why I don't like it, please ask me.
Brandi C
My name is Sydney and I donated $50 to the read to feed program. The book i read Twilight. The book was about a girl who moves from Pheonix Arizona, to Forks, washington. She meets a guy who she cant quite figure out so she decides that she must get him figured out since she hs nothing better to do in the boring town. She meets some really good friends that help her a lot. What she doesnt know is that Edward has a very big secret. Sorry thats all I can say I dont want to give it away!!!!lol My opinion about the "read to feed program" is that it is a good way for teens to read and help out poverty-struck people at the same time.
Sydney T.
My name is Brandi and I had about $15 donated. The book was The Burn Journals. The book was about this teenager who didn't feel like he wanted to live anymore so he set himself on fire in his shower. After he sent himself on fire he decided that he didn't want to kill himself so he turned on the shower and ended up with 3-degree burns.
My opinion in the "read to feed" program is that I like it but in a way I don't like it so much. If you would like to know more about why I don't like it, please ask me.
Brandi C
my name is taylor and i had $5 donated.The book I read was tenderness.The book was about a boy that just got out of prison for killing his parents and is trying to live life but a girl from his past isbecoming a problem.My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a good way to help others and teach them how to survive and make a lot out of a little.
taylor r
My name is Jazelle and i had $3.00 donated. The book i read was The Outsiders. The book is about five young boys who are in a "gang". They are called the "greasers". In the end its really disapointing because one of them gets killed.
My name is Taylor and I had $ $20.43 donated. The book I read was Glass. The book was about A girl battling drug addiction while meeting her real father and having a baby while trying to give up drugs.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a wonderful prograam. It helps the hungry and helps the reader as he or she reads.
Taylor J.
My name is angeles and i have $5 donated to the read to feed program. The book I read is called The OUTSIDERS it was about about some guy.
My oppinion about the read to feed program is that it is a really great program that helps people in poverty it was really cool beeing able to help people. Angeles M ;)
my name is katrina and i had i think $3.48 donated.The book i read was the lovely bones.The book i read was about a girl who is raped and killed by on of her nabjors and then tells about how it was to watch the investagation and how her family reacts to her death.
my opinion about the "read to feed" program is that i like it alot.i love the fact that vwe can help people by reading and when we give one family an animal to one family we are really giving to like ten or twenty families
my name is katrina and i had i think $3.48 donated.The book i read was the lovely bones.The book i read was about a girl who is raped and killed by on of her nabjors and then tells about how it was to watch the investagation and how her family reacts to her death.
my opinion about the "read to feed" program is that i like it alot.i love the fact that vwe can help people by reading and when we give one family an animal to one family we are really giving to like ten or twenty families
My name is ianhernandez_______________ and I had $ 5.00________ donated. The book I read was Beauty._________________. The book was about A re telling of the original story beauty and the beast. The story is being told from the siter beauty,which really isn't her real name but devoloped it because of he personality.____________________
_____________________________________
_____________________________________
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is _________________________
_____________________________________
My name is sandra and i had $1.90 donated.The book i read was Cirque du Freak. The book was about four boys who wanted to go to a freak show but they were only able to get two tickets so they throw the tickets to see who can catch the ticket so two out of the four boys end up going. MY opinion about the read to feed program is that the kids in Africa have a chance to at least eat something once in a while. In other words you are giving a chance to have a kid live one more day.
My name is Manuel and i donated $2. the book i read was the cannibals. this book was about two friends that escape from jail and find themselves fighting for there lives. they encounter cannibals that want to kill them.i think the read to feed program is really cool. it helps us help others in various ways.
My name is Monica and i had $1.10 donated. The book I read was Breathing Under Water. The book was about a boy named Nick. The story tells about Nicks life before he abused his girlfriend and after he abused her. This is a really good book because they really get into detail when they are talking about what happend. I recomend this book to who ever likes reading books that involve true life.
My opinion about the "read to feed" program is that it is a good organization to donate money to. I think the money is being used for a good cause that can help people all around the world. Monica V.
My name is casandra bernal and i am going to donate 2.75. The book i read was ten thing's to do before i die. The book was about .. this girl who is really sick and IS going to die! she, want's to do ten thing's before she die's so .. she did and she want's to find love! she finally does and she want's to live but, eventually she does DIE!! =[
My name is silviaS and i have $5 dollars donated. The book I read was Almost Lost. The book was about a boy that had psychological probles and he was going with a specialist to try took talk them through. Also his mom didnt know any more what to do with him so she also went to get help to work throgh its and finally he went back to school and left all the gangs behind.....My opinion about the "read to feed" progam is that it is a really helpful program and it can help a lot of people that really need it also that it is amazing how little by little you can do a lot...and to tell you the truth i am really impress!!!!!
Post a Comment