Wednesday, December 17, 2008

http://www.aidtochildren.com



From the website:

HELPING CHILDREN IN NEED THROUGH LEARNING

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the vocabulary game at AIDtoCHILDREN help me?

The game will help to expand your vocabulary, some of the benefits of a stronger vocabulary are as follows:

An increased vocabulary will improve your chance of success in your career and life. Studies show that people in the highest paying jobs have the best vocabularies. Having great communication skills not only impresses your fellow workers, it also allows you to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively.

An increased vocabulary will help you improve your grades at school, university or college. An enhanced vocabulary will dramatically improve your ability to comprehend written material. Good comprehension is a skill that’s essential for academic success. This is even more important if you are preparing for exams such as the GRE, SAT, LSAT and GMAT.

An increased vocabulary will dramatically improve your writing. An enhanced vocabulary will dramatically improve your writing because you will have an increased ability to express yourself. A powerful vocabulary adds color and interest to your writing.

How does the AIDtoCHILDREN vocabulary game work?

AIDtoCHILDREN relies on a database of thousands of questions with a sophisticated word selection process. Words are organized in 26 levels of difficulty and designed to challenge people at all vocabulary levels.

As you successfully answer the questions you will be able to track your movement on the difficulty scale from the right side menu.

With such a wide range of words the game is suitable for all people at any age. It is especially useful for students at any point in their educational endeavors and can be used as a class room tool for teachers.

How does AIDtoCHILDREN plan to keep the game interestig?

We have just scratched the surface with respect to our database of words. We are constantly refining what we have to day and adding new words to ensure each visit to our site is a new and challenging experience.

Does all the money generated from the game go to charity?

YES. From the “see where the money goes” link on the main page you can view our online event with World Vision. At the end of each month we will make a donation to our online event based on the money raised by AIDtoCHILDREN.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your assignment is to go to the website and see how much money you can donate in 15 (or more) minutes. Try the different sections! After 15 (or more) minutes, post your results to the comment section. Also, post the name of your "reed to feed" book and your level of sponsorship. This activity is similar to the previous activity at freerice.com

Any questions? Please ask Mr. A. Thanks for making a difference!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(We had difficulties accessing this website (forbidden 403) after pd 2 so as a backup plan we re-visited the freerice.com website)

111 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is _________________
I had donated _______ pennies (cents).My read to feed book is ________________. I have ____ sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $ ________.

(first name, last initial)

Anonymous said...

My name is Heribeto i had donated 29 pennies(cents). I dont have a reed to feed book yet but i will be getting one pretty soon.


Heriberto Z.

Anonymous said...

My name is Edward.
I had donated 29.5 pennies (cents). I still don't have a feed book or a sponsor.

Edward M.

Anonymous said...

My name is Johanna. I had donated 30 pennies. My read to feed book is Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I have no sponsors, who won't give me anything, so I won't get any money. -_-
~JohannaS

Anonymous said...

My name is Thalia and i have donated 28 pennies.My read to feed book is Microbiology. I have two sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $2-3. YAY!!! I just did something GREAT today.

Thalia V.

Anonymous said...

My names is jody. I donated 32 pennies. my read to feed book is the meltdown . I have 1 sponers which will dive me a penny a page read so i should get at least a $1.




Jody V

Anonymous said...

my name is Marisa. i had dontated 26.25 pennies (cents). My read to feed book is crack back. I have 2 sponcers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at laest $5.
Marisa W

Anonymous said...

My name is Michaela
I had donated 18 pennies (cents).My read to feed book is Someone like you. I will do the five page eassy on my someone like you. I did some thing good to day!!!


Michaela g

Anonymous said...

My name is billy Jr. i had donated 40000.00 pennies. My read to Feed book is "How to be smart". I have 1 sponsor his name is George Bush he Will give me a penny a page read so i should get like 600 dollars.

Billy Jr.

Anonymous said...

my name is joe watts and i donate 17 cents to the www,aidstochildren.com thank you

Anonymous said...

My name is Laura. I had donated $31 cents.My read to feed book is breathing underwater. I have 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read.
laura z.

Anonymous said...

My name is Brenda S
I had donated 29 cents.My read to feed book is Tears Of A Tiger. I am my own sponsor so that will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $ 5.17.

Anonymous said...

i earned 30.5 cents for this program this was fun i learned and help feed a kid cruz g

Anonymous said...

My name is phil and I donated 20.75cents. I have feed 1 chiled at leased but I could of saved 20 kids with only 5 dallors so I didnt really have to do this. I have 1 sponser for my book and i will get 1.50$

Anonymous said...

My name is oscar.I donated 20 pennies (cents). I dont have a read to feed book.I dont have any sponsors.

Oscar T.

Anonymous said...

My name is Yazmine.I had donated 25.5 pennies.My read to feed book is The Clique.I have 2 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so i shoul get at least $3.


~Yazmine G.

Anonymous said...

My name is Stephanie C. I had donated 30 pennies. My read to feed book is Luna. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $2.00.

----****Stephanie C****----

Anonymous said...

my name is kyle m. i had donated 35.25 penies. my read to feed book is the grave yard book. i have 1 sponcer which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least 5.00

Anonymous said...

My name is Edmundo. I had donated 33 pennies (cents). My read to feed book is Nfls techniques. I have a sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so I shouls get at least $5.
edmundot

Anonymous said...

My read to feed book is The First Daughter. I have one sponsor. Today I raised 27.25$ by doing the vocabulary aid to children. I hope to be able to help out impoverished people more by being able to read another book for the Read To Feed Program.

JessicaM :-)

Anonymous said...

My name is Natasha Lucero. I had donated 14.5 pennies. My book is The basketball story. I still have 1 sonsors wihich will give me a penny a page so I should get at least $3.50.

Anonymous said...

My name edward.
I had donated 29.5 pennies(cents).
My read to feed book is none. I have no sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $oo.oo.

Edward M.

Anonymous said...

My name is sandy i had donated 18.5 pennies. My read to feed program is "that was then this is now". I have 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least 10.00 dollars.

Sandy g.

Anonymous said...

My name is Heriberto i had donated 29 pennies (cents). I do not have a reed to feed book but i will be getting one soon.

Heriberto Z.

Anonymous said...

my name is oscar. i donated 20 cents.I dont have a read to feed book. i dont have any sponsors.

oscar t.

Anonymous said...

My name is Adriana. I had donated 4920 grains of rice. My read to feed book is The Truth About Forever. I have no sponsors.

Adriana J.

Anonymous said...

My name is Sydney P. I had donated 2340 grains of rice. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least &3.40

Anonymous said...

My name is Giovanni. I donated 8400 rice to everyone. My read to feed book is Homeboyz. I have 1 sponsor which will give me one penny a page. I should get at least U.S.$100.
Giovanni C

Anonymous said...

my name is christopher y
i donated 4000 grains of rice i have a sponcer and they pay me a penni a page so when i am done with my book i should get $1.50

Anonymous said...

my name is austin i donated 6020 grains of rice

Anonymous said...

my name is chris i donated 4620 grains of rice. i dont got a read to feed book.

Anonymous said...

my name is david. i donated 500 pennies. my read to feed book isa series of unfortate events. $1.49

Anonymous said...

MY NAME iS ELYRHA LUCERO :) i HAD DONATED 4320 GRAiNS OF RiCE. MY REED TO FEED BOOK iS "VAMPiRE KiSSES." i HAVE ONE SPONSOR WHiCH WiLL GiVE MEE A PENNY A PAGE SO I SHOULD GET AT LEAST....$3.00.


.::eLyRhA LUCeRo::.

Anonymous said...

My name is gabriel h. and i donated 6600 pennies, and i dont have a read to feed book yet.
Gabriel H.

Anonymous said...

My name is Angel. I had donated 3000 rice. and i also have a book and 1 sponsor which will give me a penny for every page i read so i should at least get 2.50 dollars

Anonymous said...

My name is Marisa. I have donated around 32000 rice. My read to feed book is a love story. I have 1 sponser which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $2.30!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ADN A HAPPY NEW YEAR

MarisaM

Anonymous said...

My name is Irvin C and I donated 5870 grains of rice. My read to feed book is called Savege Iniqualities. I have 1 sponcer that is paying me 1 cent a page, wich is going to give me 1 if i read my book

Anonymous said...

My name is Maria A
I had donated 2700pennies (cents).My read to feed book is always running. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $1.50.

Anonymous said...

My name is Victor V I hade donate 400 pennies(cents).My read to feed book is good.I have non sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least$non but i am doint to do a ase.

Anonymous said...

my name is luis g.
i had donated 4020 pennies my read to feed book is control gun. i have
non sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least $non

Anonymous said...

My name is Itzel G..I had donated 7440 pennies(cents). My read to feed book is (That was then This is now). I have 3 sponsors which will give me 3 penny a page read so I should get at least three dollars....

Anonymous said...

My name is Iliana, and I have donated 5100 grains of rice.My read to feed book is that was then this is now. I have two sponsers which will give me a penny per page read so, I should get at least three dollars.

Anonymous said...

My name is Katherine C.
I had donated 5120 pennies. My read to feed book is Why You Crying?. ihave 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $150.

Anonymous said...

my name is ashley i had donated 1000 rice. i have one sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least $5.00.
ashley h.

Anonymous said...

My name is Kayla. I had donated 2020 grains of rice using French. My read to fead book is Darkhenge. I will have some sponsors which will give me some money.

Kayla,B

Anonymous said...

My name is kevin & jared & iliana. i had donated 7,000 grains of rice. my read to feed book is OUTSIDERS, HOLES, THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW. i have 2, 1, 2 sponcers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get $5.00


Kevin W,Jared R,Iliana R

Anonymous said...

My Name is Erin Sanchez. I have donated 3600 grains of rice. I have 1 sponsor which will give me 2 pennies a page read so I should get at least $10 for 2 books.

--->>>EriN =]

Anonymous said...

my name is rosendoi had donated 3600 rice. my reed to feed book is cool salsa. my sponsors will give me a penny a page. i should get $1.36. Rosendo .A.

Anonymous said...

My name is Daisy G. I donated 5700 grains of rice. My read to feed book is called "The Pretty one". I have 2 sponcers which will give me a penny a page read so should get at least $7.00.
Daisy G.

Anonymous said...

My name is Elizabeth G. I had donated 5020 grains of rice. My read to feed bok is Tears of a Tiger. I hace 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get et least $2.00.

Anonymous said...

my name is Casandra. i had donated 6220 grains of rice. my reed to feed book is tears of a tiger. i have 2 sponsers which will give me a penny a page i read so i should gat at least $3.75


Casandra C

Anonymous said...

my name is Artemio i donated 3440 grains of rice. i dont have a book yet and i think i should get 5-10 dollars.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jaime I had donated 3420 grains of rice. My read to feed book is The Rise That Grew From Concrete. I have 0 sponsers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least 1.40$.

Anonymous said...

my name is Augustina C I had donated 6,720 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Chicken soup for the teenage soul. I hav one sponser which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $4.00

Anonymous said...

My name is Genesis Galdean I had donated 7620 grains of rice. I have about 2 sponsors which will give me a penny a page a read so I should get at leat $12 dollars.

Anonymous said...

My name is Francisco Galvan. I do not have a book. I donated 6740 rice to the feed to read by answering some problems on the donating rice.

Anonymous said...

my name is Shaylene D. i had donated 2 pennies a page. my read to feed book is a child called "it". i have 4 sponsors. i donated 3000 grains of rice.

Anonymous said...

My name is Piscila♥.
I had donated 7060 grains of rice.
My read to feed book is "Just Listen". I have 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get approx. $3.71.

....PriscilaA....

Anonymous said...

my name is brittany h. and i donated 3,550 grains of rice.my read to feed book was breaking dawn.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jesse C and I donated 7880 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Theif. I have five soponsors which will give me the minimum of $11.85.

Anonymous said...

My name is bo and I donated 200 pennies.My read to feed book is 300 pages. I have sponsors which will give me a penny a page so i should get at least $3.

Anonymous said...

miguel m.f
today i have donated 4620 grains of rice on the spanish test.And i am reading a book called "help wanted" by gary soto i have donated about 16 pennies .

Anonymous said...

My name is Jenny. I had donated 6280 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Devilish. I have 1 sponsor which will pay me a penny a page read so I should atleast get $2.63

Jenny G.

Anonymous said...

My name is Elizabeth G. I had donated 5020 grains of rice. My read to feed bok is Tears of a Tiger. I hace 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get et least $2.00.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jessica. I have donated 4020 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Kissing Snowflakes, Someone like you, and Go ask Alice. I don't have a sponsor yet.
Jessica C.

Anonymous said...

my name is liz i had donated 4200 grains of rice my reed to feed book is tears of a tiger i have one sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least 1 dollar 20 cents
lizbeth c.

Anonymous said...

My name is marco r.I have donated 4560 grains of rice.My read to feed book is invisible.I have two sponsers which will give me a penny a page so I should get at least $2.00

Anonymous said...

my name is fransico and i like to work if you know what i mean i live in the box behind the field house if your lonely

Anonymous said...

My name is Gabriel B. I donated 5220 grains of rice. I dont have a read to feed book butI have three sponsors so I should getabout three dollars.

Anonymous said...

My name is manuel I had donated rice.My read to feed book is the the cannibals. I have 3 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $6.

Manuel A

Anonymous said...

My name is Jason Hudson
I had donated 4380 pennies (cents).My read to feed book is BloodSong. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $ 100.




Jason H

Anonymous said...

I have donated 6369 grains of rice. My read to feed book is sold. I have 2 sponsers which will give me a penny a page so i will have 6 dollers.
Kathy J.

Anonymous said...

my name is michael and I donated 3,040 grains if rice and i am proud i did

Anonymous said...

My name is Marcus.
I donated 5430 grains of rice. My read to feed book The body of cristopher creed. I have 2 sponsors which will give me a penny a page so i should get at least $6.00.
Marcus S.

Anonymous said...

My name is Robert And i had donated 4520 grains of rice i have a sponsor that will give me 2.80 dollars.

Anonymous said...

My name is manuel I had donated 8240 rice.My read to feed book is the the cannibals. I have 3 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $6.

Anonymous said...

My name is Taylor. I had donated 600 pennies. My read to feed book is Glass. I have 3 sponsers which will give me a penny a page read so I shouls get at least $6.00.

Taylor J

Anonymous said...

My name is Samantha i have donated 6640 grains of rice. My read to feed book is define normal. I have 3 sponsors which will give me a penny a page so i should get at least $10.
Samantha H

Anonymous said...

My name is sandra and i had donated 3,660 grains of rice. My read to feed book is cirque da freak. i have one sponsor which will give me t least $1.97.
S.M

Anonymous said...

My name is Monica and i just donated 3380 grains of rice on www.freerice.com.My read to feed book is Breathing under water.I have one sponsor which will give me a penny a page that i read.SO i should earn a bout $1.00.

Anonymous said...

My name is Fabian S.i had donated 7260 grains of rice. My read to feed book is biggest brother. i have 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page so i should get at least $3

Anonymous said...

My name is Elias I donated 5686 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Of Mice And Men. I have Two sponsers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least $2.00.
Elias D

Anonymous said...

anjel sucks

Anonymous said...

Angeles M today i rased like 2,982 grains of rise yea i was slow

Anonymous said...

My name is stephanie. I had donated 5120 rice grains. My read to feed book is crank. I have 1 sponsor which will give me a penny a page so I should get at least $5.stephaniec

Anonymous said...

Hello my name juan carlos banuelos aka fresita lip and i donated 6040 grains of rice. My read to feed book is a spanish book it is called don quijote...... i think ...... wait idk something with la mancha anyway i expect to get at least five dollars for my cause

LiL Joker
Juan Carlos Banuelos

Anonymous said...

My name is Casandra Bernal &. i donated 5400 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Cique De Freak. I have one sponcer which wil give me a penny a page i read so i schould get at least $___?

Anonymous said...

My name is Mariela i had donnated 2040 pieces of rice.My read to feed book is called life as it come I have 2 sponser that are gonna give me 1 pennis a page so i will gell like 2 dollars or 3

Anonymous said...

My name is Mariela i had donnated 2040 pieces of rice.My read to feed book is called life as it come I have 2 sponser that are gonna give me 1 pennis a page so i will gell like 2 dollars or 3

Anonymous said...

My name is Anjel.I had donated 4350 grains of rice.My read to feed book is unknow. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $2.00.

Anonymous said...

My name is shantelA.I donated 4600ns of rice. i don't have an read to feed book so there for i have no sponser.

Anonymous said...

My name is Silvia S I had donated 6140 grain of rice. My read to feed book is Almost Lost. I have 2 sponsors Which will give me a penny a page so i should get at least $4.68.
Silvia S
wednesday december17,2008

Anonymous said...

my name is taylor I had donated 3500 rice. My read to feed book is tenderness. I have 3 sponsers which will give me a penny read so I should get at least $8. Taylor R

Anonymous said...

My name is Ashley M I had donated 3700 grains of rice. My read to feed book is Impulse. I have one sponsor which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least $6/00

Anonymous said...

My name is Jess Garcia I had donated ? pennies. My read to feed book is Daughters of the Moon. I have ? sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $?.

Anonymous said...

My Name is Jazelle i had donated 2040 pieces of rice. My read to feed book is the Outsiders. I have two sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least $2.00.

Anonymous said...

my name is katrina rice and i donated 5120 grains of rice. my read to feed book is the lovely bones i do n ot have a sponser but i am looking for one this ferry moment. i dont know how long this book is bout i know its around 350 pages so i will get around $3.50

Anonymous said...

I have donated 5740 grains of rice. My read to feed book is twilight. I have 4 sponsers that will sponser me a penny a page and 2 sponser thst will sponser me at 3 cents a page. I should get at least $50
Sydney T.

Anonymous said...

My name is Phil I donated $4.00 My book is black and white. I have 2 sponsers and I sould get $4.00.

Anonymous said...

my name is wheres waldo and i got 84945476 pennies that i donated

Anonymous said...

my name is chris y and i had 1 pennie a page donated to me witch adds up to $3.00 what i read was fox company it was about the veitnome war it talk about what the solders did to servive and fight for our counrty what i think about the read to feed program is that it is very cool and we should do it agian because it is to benifit kids who harly ever eat so i did like this program a lot

Anonymous said...

my name is drag but just call me dragon i read dragons serounding the castle were the beautiful princess lays. i was donated $100 a page and i read 500 pages so that adds up to 50,000 dollars. and wat i think about this program is the it is a waste of my time because i do not want to feed people i do not even no and by the way i bet that i am smaller then them so if i was going to feed any one it would be me so forgit this prgram i am going to keep the money and go buy me some hot pokets

Anonymous said...

My name is Rosendo. I had donated 137 pennies. I have 1 sponcer wich will give me a pennie a page read so i should get $1.37

Anonymous said...

my name is augustina Chavez. I have donated 250 pennies (cents). my read to feed book was chicken soup for the teenage soul. i have one sponser which will give me a penny a page read so i should get 2.50

Anonymous said...

My name is miguel I had donated 188pennies but i have about 20 pages more to read.I have a sponsor which will give me a penny a page for every page I read so I shold get at leats $1.88 or even more

Miguel m

Anonymous said...

My name is Francisco Galvan $ 188 pennies. My read to feed book is The Giver. Ihave sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $ 1.80. Francisco G.

Anonymous said...

my name is Bob. i donated 1 penny (cent). my read to feed book is everybody poops. i have 3 sponsers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get 5 pennys!! YAY!!


*~BOB~*

Anonymous said...

HA why so serious?????????????

( creepy music plays)



Joker

Anonymous said...

My name is Anjel. I had donated 676pennies (cents).My read to feed book is Eldest. I have one sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $6.00.

Anjel V.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jason I had donated 235pennies (cents).My read to feed book is BloodSong. I have 1 sponsors which will give me a penny a page read so I should get at least $2.00

Jason H

Anonymous said...

my name is shenandoah revello.i had donated 0 pennies.my read to feed book is true ghost stories.i have 0 sponsers which will give me a penny a page read so i should get at least 0 cents (dollars).